February 2, 2010 February Goal Meetup
This has been an interesting month.
I realized that adulthood scares the shit out of me simply because there is no path to navigating your life anymore. I’m part of a generation that holds living passionately and authentically as one of its highest values; I’ve got a lovely truck of college debt waiting for me; I’m about to graduate in the worst economy since The Depression; with the internet, outsourcing, and immigration, the career game is changing; and blah blah blah.
Long boring story short, I have been ridiculously scared of the uncertainty of my young-adult future. And as a result, just hid behind really vague and scattered goals that barely resonated with me.Yeah, I’m over that. There comes a time where you must take the grown up risk of deciding where you want to go and following through with it.
So my dear goal-setting readers, you may notice a change in my goals as time goes on. Less of the “collect precious memories of water lilies in summer” goals, and more concrete objectives that are indicative of the uncertain future I am crafting for myself. 🙂
My goals last month were:
1-Spend 20 minutes on blog monday-friday.-I tried to designate time for blogging daily but once school was underway, this got pretty difficult. I love the posts I produced this month but would like to increase frequency. This month I’ll experiment with writing several posts on one day and publishing them on a schedule.
2-Spend 45 minutes a day on Trinidad Paper tue, thu, fri, sat- I. Did. Not. Complete.This. Paper. Halfway through the first draft. This paper must get done this month.
3-Meditate for 10 minutes every morning when I wake up-I joined a reiki class and one of the exercises we do is 27 conscious breaths in the morning. I have done ok with this goal.
Goals for February:
1) COMPLETE FINAL DRAFT OF MY RESEARCH PAPER FROM TRINIDAD. Seriously. This is so overdue it’s not even funny. It gets done this month.
2) Get at least 20 bloggers to participate in my blog carnival for Haiti this month.
3) Secure a volunteer/free-work opportunity for one local non-profit organization or business.
4) Since I succeeded in publishing 10 blogs last month, I will aim to publish 14 this month using the bulk method.
And that’s all folks. Let this month be the first of many that exercise my decision to Go Forth.
To participate in the meet-up:
1. Post a list of your career/life related goals for February, along with your checked off January goals if you’d like, on your own blog.
2. Come back to BrazenCareerist.com network and leave a link to your post in the comments (*If you don’t have your own blog, feel free to share your list here in the comments to join in!)
3. Then, check out everyone else’s lists as they leave comments – click their links, visit their blogs, say hello, meet, greet and support each other because that’s what it’s all about!
Tags: Goal meetup